Product Coordinator at Viatu - Travel Start-up (Remote)
Are you fascinated by new places, cultures, and nature’s wonders? Do you want to create long-lasting collaborations with stakeholders? Are you ready to be a key player in reimagining sustainable solutions?
Are you driven by the exploration of new places, cultures, and wildlife? Do you believe that travel can be a force for good that is reciprocally beneficial? If so, are you ready to make others dream about their next big adventure and its potential bigger positive impact? Then Viatu might be the right place for your next big professional endeavour.
Be part of shaping the next-gen travel platform that lets conscious travellers design and book their next adventure of a lifetime. Viatu simplifies the booking experience for itinerary-based travel. As a young and ambitious startup, our mission is to make sustainable travel accessible to all. For us, travel is a force for positive impact and we believe you should leave the place better than you found it. We are a remote and diverse team of shakers and doers, representing over 10 nationalities.
We are looking for a full-time Product Coordinator to join our team. As an ideal candidate, you have thoughtful attention to detail, strong communication skills, and extensive tourism knowledge of the African Continent (particularly Southern and East Africa).
You will play a key role in the success of our start-up by shaping our product portfolio, nurturing supplier relationships, and supporting the expansion into new markets.
Your job is incredibly multifaceted and requires you to step out of your comfort zone. If you are hungry, ambitious and infinitely curious, this role is for you!
Key Duties & Responsibilities
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- You’ll play a key role in onboarding new amazing partners according to our standards, negotiating with them and managing the relationship. Our expansion to new tourism destinations will be in your hands!
- You will work on the CRM by ensuring that all partner information is easily accessible and shared with the whole team.
- A meticulous collection and organisation of the onboarding documentation is essential.
- You’ll research new travel destinations and potential travel partners.
- You will present the knowledge you acquired about new products, destinations and travel insights to the Viatu team.
- You will develop inspirational trips and work in collaboration with our content team to ensure that we are showcasing the beauty of our destinations and the unique experiences offered by our partners.
- You'll manage and improve our content database of photos and tourism information.
- You’ll work closely with the sustainability team to analyse our business activities’ sustainability score to ensure that we are holding ourselves accountable.
- You will monitor industry trends, participate in online events, and share updates on travel and sustainability with the team.
Who we are looking for:
- A healthy disrespect for the impossible, a mean hunger to learn new things and a desire to get out of your comfort zone
- A finished bachelor's degree in social science, marketing, economics or related field
- 2+ years of experience in the travel industry, within a product team or in a product capacity
- Knowledge of the African supplier landscape, ideally in Sub-Saharan and East Africa
- Meticulous work with a high degree of autonomy
- Systematic thinking abilities and proficiency in managing data in an Excel spreadsheet
- The ability to meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- An incurable case of wanderlust with a passion for travel, African wildlife and culture
- A heart for sustainability and deep care for our environment
- Work experience with Google Suite and modern CRM is a big plus
- Previous experience with Content Management Systems
- Presentation skills
- Extensive travel experience
- Additional languages are a big plus
- Itinerary creation experience with Wetu or other tools
- Sales experience
Competitive entry-level salary, between R 18'000 and R 25'000. A higher salary can be negotiated according to the candidate's experience.
You will report to our Head of Product
Full-time (5-days a week)
- You’ll become part of an autonomous and ambitious team that collaborates and thrives in a fully remote work environment.
- You’ll collaborate with and learn from industry-leading experts, ex-Googlers, start-up veterans and creative masterminds.
- The most epic benefit: You will receive access to attractive travel incentives for you and your family.
- You’ll work in an international fast-paced and accelerating environment and shape the future of travel.
- You’ll work hand-in-hand with the Head of Product to shape a new travel platform.
- Your work will directly affect the growth of our business and we are only getting started.
- You’ll participate in multi-disciplinary upskilling opportunities to nourish your curiosity and further develop your professional skills.
We are curious to get to know you better.
Looking forward to hearing from you,
The Viatu Team