German-Speaking Travel Consultant (remote)
Are you driven by the exploration of new places, cultures, and nature’s wonders and wildlife? Do you believe that travel can be a force for good that is reciprocally beneficial? If so, are you ready to make others dream about their next big adventure and its potential bigger positive impact? Then Viatu might be the right destination for your next big professional endeavour.
Be part of shaping the next-gen travel platform that lets conscious travellers design and book their next adventure of a lifetime. Viatu simplifies the booking experience for itinerary-based travel. As a young and ambitious startup, our mission is to make sustainable travel accessible to all. For us, travel is a force for positive impact and should leave the place better than you found it. We are a remote and diverse team of shakers and doers, representing over 10 nationalities.
About the role
We are seeking a full-time German-speaking travel consultant to join our team. As an ideal candidate, you have at least 2 years of relevant experience designing multi-stop itineraries and outstanding customer service skills. Ideally, you have strong destination knowledge of Southern Africa (particularly Namibia and/or South Africa) and feel confident in making others dream about the wonders that await them at these destinations.
Relentless in your pursuits, you usually have a hard time accepting a “no” for an answer (much less radio silence), so you resourcefully ideate new, creative (and always respectful) ways to effectively engage with your audience.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
Your role and responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- You design compelling tailor-made trips inspired by our customers’ dreams
- You actively engage with our customers from the moment they contact us, to the moment they embark on their dream holiday
- You manage the booking process including quotations and booking the suppliers for our customers with the help of our internal tools
- You collaborate with the product and marketing team to improve and expand the offering on our website
- You work with your team to continuously improve and develop your sales strategies
- You manage and report back on your KPIs on a regular basis and work continuously to improve them to meet ambitious sales targets
What you bring to Viatu
- You have an incurable case of wanderlust, passion for travel, and African wildlife
- You have a soft spot for sustainability and care deeply for our environment
- You are passionate about turning our customers’ dreams into reality, and take care of all the details with customer care
- You have a bachelor's degree in social science, marketing, economics or a related field
- You have a proven track record in a goal-oriented sales organisation andhave the ability to simultaneously manage multiple client requests
- You have excellent communication and presentation skills in English and German
- You work meticulously with a high degree of autonomy
- You have a deep understanding of the travel industry
A big plus
- Previous experience in a fast-paced startup
- Deep product and destination knowledge of Namibia and South Africa
- Experience working with a modern CRM tracking your leads and logging your actions
- Working knowledge of the Google Suite and Wetu
- Willingness to work from Cape Town throughout the year
What Viatu offers you
- Enjoy travel educationals to enhance your destination and product knowledge
- Participate in multi-disciplinary upskilling opportunities to nourish your curiosity and further develop your professional skills
- Experience a thriving startup culture and work with industry experts, former Googlers and Booking.com engineers
- Access attractive travel incentives at reduced rates for yourself and your family
- Be part of an autonomous and ambitious team that collaborates and thrives in a fully remote and vibrant environment
Competitive industry-related salary, dependent on the level of experience and skills.
You will report to our COO, Bárbara Büchel
Full-time (5-days a week)
We are curious to get to know you better. We will be receiving submissions for this position until July 1st 2022.
Looking forward to hearing from you!
Your Viatu Team
*Viatu is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.